Welcome to the Become the Centre of Your Horse's Universe Online Course
This course is designed to walk you through step by step to creat a trusting partnership with your horse - whether you compete, trail ride, or just want to play at liberty, this course shows you how to:
- Join up with your horse using no tools, no chasing, and no round pen
- Establish a calm connection so your horse is relaxed, calm, and connected with you
- Create a 'yes' horse so you can ask your horse to do things and they say yes
- Work with your horse at liberty using no tools
- Get your horse calm and relaxed for riding
- Teach the 8 ABCs to your horse so you have a language to communicate together
- Progress the basics by using the 3 S's to add refinement
- Strengthen your horse with better balance and posture exercises from the ground
This course is split into 5 weeks, each week you are given a different lecture, exercises to practice, and the opportunity to submit a video of yourself trying the exercises with your horse to get feedback.
Week 1: Let's Start from Scratch
- Overview of the Harmony Training Continuum
- The 2 best exercises from Respect & Safety
- The 3 exercises from Calm Connection to calm your horse
Week 2: Become the Focus to Your Horse
- My #1 secret that is the root to all of my success with horses
- Revealing missed opportunities for a better connection
- Understand how to match your horse’s energy and why this changes everything
- 3 exercises to get connected
Week 3: Are you the Centre of Your Horse's Universe?
- The most common mistakes of body language & how to fix them
- Liberty basics Demystified
- Learn to glue your horse to you
- The power of positive reinforcement and how not to create a cookie monster
- How to join up with your horse using no tools, and how to get started at liberty
Week 4: Create a Yes Horse
- Can you image a horse that always says yes?
- Setting your horse up to ride so you keep the calm connection
- Finding calm connection in the saddle
Week 5: Continued Progress
- Adding Refinement to your ground work – shoulder in, bending, and balance without side reins or stress
- The 3 S’s to continue progress
- Improving our balance & position in the saddle so our horse is free to be a partner
This course will give you new content and exercises to focus on each week. Some perks to the online course:
- Lifetime access to the videos, you can come back and rewatch as many times as you like
- You can submit two videos per week of you working with your horse through the exercises and will receive feedback and coaching from me (Lindsey Partridge)
- After completing this course you can apply to the Harmony Horsemanship Instructor's Program for the next steps of evaluation and assisting at a Harmony Horsemanship Clinic.
- Access to a private Facebook Group only for students taking the Become the Centre of Your Horse's Universe Course.
How sending in your videos work:
- You can film yourself doing the exercises (lean your phone on a post if you have to, or get a friend to film you), you can film each exercise separately or do all of the exercises in one video.
- You can email your video, upload it to Youtube as 'unlisted' and email the link, or upload it to the private Facebook group for all of the students in the course to see (then everyone can learn)
- You will get feedback about the exercises you are doing and tips for next steps of how to improve.
- You have an opportunity to send two videos per week which means you can practice the exercises again and resubmit.
- If you aren't able to do videos one week, that is okay and you can submit the video the next week. The deadline to send in videos for feedback is 5 weeks from the start day of your course. After that point you can still upload videos to the private FB group for feedback from other students.
"Learned many new skills to help me connect with my new tb mare. Well presented classroom time and the hands on was a fun rewarding experience! I highly recommend Lindsey's clinics." Kelly Forrest
Lindsey Partridge is dedicated to life long learning and helping others connect with their horses.
She is an accomplished student, trainer, and competitor. She has been called 'Canada's Horse Whisperer' by the Toronto Star and 'The Queen of Thoroughbreds' by The Rider. She is a Horse Human Relationship Expert.
Highlights of her resume include:
- 2017 Lindsey's horses The Bowie Van, Bowdrie, and Here Comes Adri won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at the Thoroughbred Makeover in Trail with the help of 15 yr old student Franny Galvin-Hynes. She was also 2nd in Freestyle and 6th in Field Hunter.
- 2017 Lindsey was the Horse Wrangler for the feature film Autumn Stables and her horses Dreamer, Angel, and Soar (Kahleesi) star in the film.
- 2016 Lindsey's horse, Dreamer, stars in the movie Unbridled. As well her he was filmed for 'The Farmer and The Belle'.
- 2016 Thoroughbred Makeover Champion with Trivia Time in both Trail and Freestyle. Lindsey became the first trainer ever to win two disciplines. Lindsey was also the first trainer to have both her horses make finals in both their disciplines because her 2nd horse, Pentland, was 3rd in Trail and Field Hunter.
- 2016 Can Am Equine Expo Extreme Cowboy Champion with Dreamer
- 2015 Thoroughbred Makeover winner with her horse 'Soar'. Lindsey won 1st in Trail, 3rd in Freestyle and the overall title of Americas Most Wanted Thoroughbred. She was 2nd place with her other horse 'Lion of Wallstreet' in the Trail division.
- Platinum level Natural Horsemanship Association Coach and Trainer.
- Level 2 Centered Riding Coach.
StartWeek 1 Checklist of exercises to try
StartHarmony Training Continuum
StartThe 2 best Respect & Safety and 3 best calming Calm Connection Exercises
StartCalm Connection Exercise 1 - Square
StartCalm Connection Exercise 2: S Pattern
StartCalm Connection Exercise 3: Move with Me and Yield
StartRespect & Safety Exercise 1: Back, Back, Stay
StartRespect and Safety Exercise 2: Swing Shoulders and Back
StartSummary & Questions
StartWeek 2 Checklist of exercises to try
StartCalm Connection Exercises
StartMy #1 Secret that is the root of my success with horses
StartEnergy & Opportunities for More Connection
StartCalm Connection Exercise 4: 360 with a Twist
StartCalm Connection Exercise 5: Boomerang
StartCalm Connection Exercise 6: Spirals
StartThe 8 ABCS and a sneak peak at next week
StartA demo with MIdas: drivelines and energy up and down