Harmony Horse Handling Certification Course
Learn the Simple Achievable Friendly and Effective (SAFE) techniques for Equine Handling and Care
Do you own or work with horses?
Do you want to understand horses better and how to handle them with simple achievable friendly and effective (SAFE) techniques?
Do you want to know how to help horses be accepting of equine care procedures like getting needles, medication, or lunging?
We want to help.
This course is perfect for horse owners or anyone who works with horses.
We will teach you about:
- Horse's mental and physical needs
- Horse health essentials like normal vital signs and when to call a vet
- Respect and safety - using drive-lines and quadrants so you can passively be the leader for the horse
- Calm connection - how to move together with horses to help them lower their anxiety
- How to cope with bad behaviours
- The difference between positive and negative reinforcement as well as punishment
- How to use positive reinforcement effectively
- The energy scale and how to help horses with fears and thresholds
- Practical handling skills such as blanketing, lunging, putting on fly masks, etc.
- Equine Care Procedures such as needling, soaking a hoof, etc
At the end of the course you have the opportunity to take the Harmony Horse Handling Evaluation which consists of:
- A 10 question quiz based on the information we've shared in the course
- Demonstrating your ability to do the handling skills (either in person or send us a video)
- Demonstrating your ability to do at least one of the Equine Care Procedures (either in person or send us a video)
After you past the evaluation you'll receive a certificate in Harmony Horse Handling.
Harmony Horsemanship was founded in 2015 by Lindsey Partridge as a training technique that looks at understanding yourself, your horse and the language that connects you.
Harmony Horsemanship blends positive reinforcement, positive punishment, and negative reinforcement which are scienitifically proven to increase motivation, and build trust.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now is your chance to learn the simple, achievable, friendly, and effective (SAFE) techniques for harmony handling horses.